17 Aug 2012
3 good reasons as to why you should start booking your New Year's Stay at Goa right now :
- #1 : Just like the early bird always gets the worm, you will have plenty of options to choose from. Seriously, the more you wait to book your stay, lesser will be your chances of getting availability at a stay of your choice.
- #2 : Most places in Goa tend to hike up their prices outrageously as they get closer to Christmas and New Years. Yes, the last room left is always the most expensive. Just like in the case of Airlines, remember?
- #3 : The third one applies when most of the Stays are fully booked and is purely psychological. When we don’t see anything we like, we tend to go for what is the least intolerable. Even when it does not meet our standards. The reason namastay.in does not offer any such Stays is that they tend to compromise on basic things like cleanliness and safety. Definitely not the kind of experience you would want to start your New Year with!
Here is a list of all the stays we offer in Goa. There is one for each budget!
- Acc no. 54806 :: A Holistic home on a 12000 sq ft Sapodilla (Chikoo), Coconut, Mango, Avacodo, Frangipani and Bouganvilla plantation
The Spa has Ayurvedic treatments where a doctor can diagnose your "Dosha" or "Excess" element in your constitution and recommend custom-made treatments.
Canacona, the southern most "Taluka" (sub-division) of South Goa district has a distinctive character of its own with its mountain-beach combination, wild-life sanctuaries all adding to the experience of this Homestay.
Patnem is the closest beach, about 1.5 kms from the accommodation. It is secluded, clean and beautiful. Palolim Beach is about 2.5 kms from the property.
It is spread out on 12,000 sq. ft. of landscaped area dotted with many trees including Sapodilla (Chikoo), Coconut, Mango, Avacodo, Frangipani and Bougainvillea.
The guests must inform the hotel staff at least few hours in advance to meet their request. The cuisine is local Goan food made in a homely way with organic vegetables and fresh catch. The food can be served in the dining areas. The menu changes daily as per fresh catch and seasonal vegetables.
- Acc no. 54715 :: A homely guesthouse in Candolim, North Goa with a modern boutique touch to it.
This is a small boutique guesthouse, housed in an 80 year old building; now renovated and converted into a guesthouse.
Located amidst the beach sands, on the way from Calangute Beach to Fort Aguada and just 6-7 mins walk from Candolim beach.
The rooms at the guest house are tastefully done up with clean modern ensuite bathrooms and a common sit-out. All the rooms are air conditioned, with CCTV and 24 hours of hot and cold water. Relax at the lawns in front of the guest house or beat the heat in the swimming pool at the back. There is also a baby pool for kids to enjoy.
- Acc no. 54716 :: Warm family-run guesthouse right on Candolim Beach.
A beautiful guest house with a homely feel to it, there is ample space to walk around, sit and have a chat, catch a quick nap on the hammock or meditate by the banyan tree.
The guesthouse was started in 1989 and has been built in phases since then; it is spread out in three separate buildings. The rooms are neat and clean and display a local taste in the decor and colors with nothing too ostentatious.
Location : The guesthouse is located on the beach with a picturesque view of the sea.
Food : A continental breakfast with lunch and dinner is served at the restaurant. They also offer breakfast in room service.
Timings : Breakfast: 7 am to 9 am. Breakfast is Continental
Lunch and Dinner: (Open Timings at the Restaurant)7:30 am to 11:00 pm
Approximately Rs 150 per person per day
Sea-food is a major draw here. The kitchen is organized by the family. The Dmello's also have a shack on the beach which serves up Indian, continental, Chinese and tandoor.
- Acc no. 54720 :: Stay in a 130 yr old Heritage House in Panjim, Goa
This accommodation is a stately colonial mansion, over 130 yrs old owned by the same family for 5 generations.
The rooms have a mix of old world elegance and modernity. Antique cupboards, rose and teak wood four poster beds and old lamps combine with modern plumbing, fans and air conditioning, cable TV and electronic safes. granite and China mosaic flooring in a harmonious blend help kinder this old Colonial Mansion with an aura of romance and history.