25 Aug 2012 1. First and the simplest - It is tastier! Well balanced soils grow strong healthy plants that taste great.
2. It reduces health risks as Organic Farming keeps harmful cancer causing chemicals and pesticides out of our food and beverages.
3. Organic Farming reduces the toxic chemicals and pesticides that contaminate our water resources.
4. Organic Farming helps build soil which is the foundation of the food chain.
5. Organic Farmers work in harmony with nature.
Homestays on our network that practice Organic Farming and serve delicious farm grown vegetables:
• Acc no. 54663 :: An organic farm set in a tribal hamlet, 2.5 hours from Mumbai.
This Farm House was set up by Mr and Mrs. Chhabra who invite you to share their joy of living simply, close to nature and taking back a good experience.
Savour the taste of gently spiced food, slow cooked over a wood fire, served in hand-thrown, hand-painted pots. The food here is simple and delicious. Breakfast served includes poha/upma, fruits, herbal tea, regular tea and coffee. Lunch/Dinner includes dal, 2 vegetables, roti, rice, salad, pickle, chutney and curd. Food is prepared mostly from the vegetables grown in that season.
• Acc no. 54646 :: An agro-tourism farm house between Alibaug and Murud, about 10 kms from Alibaug
This Agro-Eco tourism hub practices sustainable tourism and encourages you to do so too. It is an agrotel where proximity to Nature is the central theme. For those who crave for action, there is private beach access, a range of activities to choose from on site and a number of sightseeing destinations nearby. Professionally managed services, a no-compromise approach to providing basic comforts and the best quality home-cooked cuisine ensure that you are well taken care of. Maybe that's why 75% of our guests keep coming back.
They serve authentic local farm-fresh organic food cooked on chulhas. We serve lunch and dinner in our outdoor sit-out in a buffet. Guests are free to serve themselves.